Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eat out!

When you're on a diet and eating limited foods it seems to be really hard to eat out. It's nice to save money when you don't eat it, but it's not always plausible to not eat out at all. If you are going to eat out, plan ahead. You don't have to cheat and break your new eating habits and feel terrible about it after. Planning helps so that you know where you are going and can set a meal that you are going to order. If it's a new place, think about what foods you can eat, and what you could get at a similar restaurant. Also talk to the server, they know their menu. Take out what you can't eat and customize your meal to fit you! I've worked at a restaurant before and it's possible to customize a meal for a customer. Though it sounds annoying when your ordering, it's quite common and very helpful for the customer! If you can beforehand, look up their menu and choose what you are going to order on the way, this will cause you less stress when deciding, for those of us that can't deal with making choices easily.

For example on my raw food plus meat diet I went to Rubios and when looking at the board I thought there was nothing I could get. I planned on just eating my packed snacks while those I was with ate. But when talking to the gentleman at the counter I explained the basics of what I could eat and he gave me recommendations. It worked! I was about to order something small and eat it with my packed snacks. This worked great for me because I ordered grilled chicken and added salsa from Rubios with avocado and tomatoes topped with lime! It was soo good!

So if you Want to eat out, you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment