Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wrap it up!

So before I share the next recipe I must confess that I cheated...a little. I got a chocolate peanut butter shake at pepper tree the other night, and though it tasted so good I could only eat a few bites because it was soo sweet. After eating raw for almost a week my taste buds are already getting used to the food. It also didn't make me feel too good because of all the dairy and sugar. Our bodies seem to adjust so quickly to the foods we are giving it because it needs to adapt in order to process and function.

I like to experiment a lot with food and how they mix and taste together, and I also like to use whatever is in the refrigerator and putt different things together. This recipe turned out to be both of these things.

Salmon Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients:
Salmon
Lettuce
Avocado
Tomato
Hummus (you can use any kind you want. I used chipotle)

Preparation:
1. Cook the salmon on the grill
2. Clean the lettuce and choose the large open leaves
3. Cut the avocado in slices
4. Cut the tomato in slices

Putting it all together:
1. Depending on how many people are eating place 3 leaves of lettuce on each plate.
2. Place salmon in the middle of the lettuce leaf. (see picture 1)
3. Spread the hummus over the salmon.
4. 3-4 slice of avocado and tomato.

And enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment