Thursday, July 18, 2013

Am I Purposeful? Love Yourself Link Up

For 4 years I felt as though my purpose in life was clear, defined by God and I was excited about it every day! I was working full time with high school girls. Playing with them, talking with them, counseling them, sharing life with them, meeting their friends and family ect. Then I made the very hard choice to leave. My husband went to a different church and we discussed before we got married which church we would go to. I knew I was supposed to join my husband and be his partner because I couldn't do both. We were married in October 2012 and I couldn't have been happier to join our lives together!

I left my job in January 2012 with lots of hope for something new and amazing replacements but with a heavy heart. I began acclimating to new life. Getting to know new people, trying to plug in and of course continuing to learn to be a wife. But after a few months I felt like it wasn't enough.  I wasn't doing enough, giving enough,  fulfilling enough.  So I tried to do more. I started to serve on the weekends,  hang out with the students, and meet more people. Bur it simply didn't FEEL like enough.

Realizing recently, in a new way, that it isn't about what I do. My actions, my responsibilities are not my purpose and cannot fulfill me. I was trying to do enough to fulfill myself. It's more about who I am, or more importantly who my creator is. Simply praising Jesus in life everyday for who He has created me to be and taking the opportunities with others that He gives me is more than enough. His grace is my foundation in life. I am to live by the faith that He has given me. That is my purpose and that is what truly fulfills me.


Do you feel like you know what your purpose in life is? Has what you thought your purpose was ever changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment