Monday, July 22, 2013

The art of Chevron

Recently,  as most of you know,  Chevron has become a very popular pattern. I even like it myself. I decided to create a Chevron background for a friends growth chart and to my dismay it was a lot harder to creat than I thought it was going to be. But after hours of tracing,  measuring and painting very slowly I finished.  Happy that I was done but a little critical of my own work but no way was I going to redo it. I added it on the etsy shop and left it there.  In thr past week I have  received 2 orders for this growth chart and I thought there was no way I could do it again. Fortunately I love to solve problems so to Google I went to do research and figure it out.  And it reminded me that people are smart and very talented. There were many ideas and ways to DIY the Chevron pattern. You could create a stencil,  buy a stencil,  use tape ect.

Painters tape seemed to be the best option for me. And away I went last night to try it out with lots of hope...

And joyfully I jumped when I found out it worked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment