Tuesday, August 13, 2013

30 days of ...

When I was in high school my friends and I decided to go most of senior year without makeup. It was a freeing and wonderful experience.  Since then, a few times a year I will go a week-a month without makeup when I felt I was wearing it daily because I needed it and wasn't beautiful enough. I don't wear a lot anyways, but committing to myself to be natural for a time period is easier said than done. There are days when a little mascara, foundation, or blush would brighten my face right up,  but then its not me.

I don't think there it's anything wrong with wearing makeup from just a little to a daily routine of the works. But for me mascara and chapstick suits me well.

So here is to 30 days of being natutally me, for loving myself more just for looking the way I naturally do.


Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
1 Peter 3:3-4

1 comment:

  1. Love this! If I had to choose a "life verse," that one from 1 Peter would absolutely be it. Love this 30 day journey you're taking—I think you'll feel so free and so much more yourself by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete