Thursday, August 22, 2013

Homemade Pizza

I love pizza! It's because I'm Italian. But I hate feeling gross after I eat it. I did a lot of research and I've found it's the white flour and grease that my body doesn't appreciate. But what is pizza without these things? I have found some amazing and exciting alternatives: other kinds of flour, vegetables and different cheeses.

There are many different ways to make Paleo Pizza, the recipe I found (link below) just worked best for me and for the things in my home!

Crust recipe:
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (any kind)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Gather toppings you enjoy on your pizza (ours are listed below)

1. Place the eggs and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir with a fork to break apart and clumps and to combine well. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Set aside for about 5-10 minutes and then split the dough in half and form two round balls.
3. Preheat the oven to 375F and make sure the oven rack is in the middle position. Using a rolling pin on flat surface or cutting board, roll the two balls of dough separately between two pieces of parchment paper. Form a circular or rectangular shape, rolling the dough to about 1/4" thick.
4. Place the two crusts onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is firm.
5. Remove the crust from the oven. Spread the sauce thinly across the pizza crust (too much sauce will make the crust soggy). Add the rest of your toppings.
4. Return the pizza to the oven and allow to bake for just a couple minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from the oven, slice and serve.

Toppings #1:
Chicken cooked
Spinach
Onion
Tomato
Cheddar cheese
Tomato sauce
Bacon cooked
Tapatillo

Toppings #2:
Tomato sauce
Feta cheese
Bacon cooked
Spinach
Onion
Garlic

http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pizza.html

No comments:

Post a Comment