Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's who I am!

I told my friend a few weeks ago, that has known me for about 13 years that I was an introvert. She laughed (her lovely, crazy, can't help but make you laugh - kind of laugh). It's true though, I am almost 99.99% an introvert. But most people don't belive me (except my husband who knows it to be true).

I love people with all of my heart,  it's a gift that I love having. And this caused me for a long time feel pulled within myself because the more time I was with people the more drained I felt, but the more I learned about myself the more I realized I loved people... what was I to do?

The first time I was introduced to the concept of  introvert vs extrovert was in 2008 at a staff conference at North Coast Church. Learning about personality traits changed my life for the better and sparked a passion in me to want to know more (I became a psychology major which makes total sense and is my excuse to geek out on who people really are).

I love being an introvert. I love intimate conversations,  not being the life or loudest at the party, finding the other people who feel like me, relaxing with people, talking about things others are passionate about and things that I'm passionate about, being able to work alone and with a team, and of course spending some time alone- just not too much time. It's just who I am and I love that every person is different.

I hope that we can know ourselves and accept who we are and are proud of it. Don't let anyone tell you to be someone you're not. And then accept who others are and love them for it. We are all uniquely made- ain't it great!!

On my reading list is a book called Quiet all about my kind of people! I cannot wait to read it, I hear great things. Plus check out this awesome read about introverts that love people: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3721431

Choose beauty- a beautiful you for who you really are.



This is a part of the CHOOSE BEAUTY blog hop. Join in my choosing"Click here to enter" below.
Read more on how it started here!




2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It's so valuable to understand your personality and natural leanings, and to accept that as worthy and beautiful. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What timely post - I wrote about nurturing myself as an introvert this week, too. And I give a hearty "Amen!" to the second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete