Monday, August 19, 2013

Healthy Revival

This year has been a year of changes and growth in me personally. I have gained a new, healthy passion for nutrition and learned so much about food and our bodies. I used to not know how to balance health and nutrition without it over taking my self confidence and thinking about my body too much. Within the last few years, especially the last few months, I have been reading and studying so much about the importance of my character and who I really am on the inside, and through this process I have been able to grow and understand more about nutrition, exercise and taking care of my body while growing who I am.

A few of my favorite things I've learned are:
-Daily exercise is good for you physically in many ways and even emotionally.
-The more natural food you put in, the more natural your body will work.
-Caring about who you are, affects positively how well you take care of your health.
-You can eat sugars, carbs and other processed food, but within moderation.
-Every body is different. Figure out what works best for you, helps your body run at its greatest potential and do that.

My husband and I recently tried eating Paleo. For those of you that don't know what that it, it is basically anything you can grow or kill, they also call it the Caveman. If you can't get it naturally, don't eat it. It has become one of our favorite ways to eat added to Raw and Juicing. We are full of energy, feel great, I get to try some amazing new recipes, and my husband gets to eat.

My goal for the end of the year is to no longer have to go to the grocery store (or very rarely). We want to eat produce from local farmers and meat from the local butchers. Then make anything else from there: pickles, almond butter, almond flour, almond milk.. you get the point. We just started sprouting seeds to grow our own garden which is going to be soo fun- Brandon definitely has a green thumb. Here are our little sproutlings.. 


As we dream we want to build a chicken coop and an herb garden. I want to find a raw nut farmer so we can get them here fresh, and learn to do everything I can in my home! 

And of course I am a research geek so I am all for a great book, blog or great conversation. 'What to Eat' is my current read and here are a few of my favorite blogs and sites:



Wish me luck.
All of this makes me so excited!! If you have any advice or help join in the conversation and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment