Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mary - Admiring Our Youth

This is the lovely 
Mary


17.
Strong.
Courageous.
Cares for those she loves.
Stands strong for what she believes in.
Pursues living a full life.
Modest in style.
Simple.


What is your biggest struggle when competing with the culture?
"Competing with society in my life often means defending my faith, and representing the Kingdom of God. I personally battle against being self centered, greedy, and apathetic. The way I approach these personal conflicts is by living and loving humbly, and reminding myself that everything I do is for the gratification of Christ not myself."

How do you define beauty?
"A beautiful person to me is someone who's character manifests the beauty of God's character and revolting against anything that is inconsistent with this beauty."
What makes you uniquely you?
"What makes me unique is that I am not afraid to approach diverse groups of people. I go into friendships head first, negating their past, and seeking to help their spiritual growth."

What is the source of your passion and strength?
"My passion is finding individuals who are mature enough to recognize truth if presented to them, and cultivating them through lax church events. By building lasting friendships in which mirror the identity of Christ, they catalyze their own spiritual growth."

If you could encourage other girls your age, what is one thing you would tell them?
"Advice I would give to other girls my age would be to seek out friendships in which spiritual growth is going to be present. Having friendships without this element also means there is no love being given. In order for there to be love within a friendship/relationship your purpose must be to build the other's relationship with God through the resemblance of your own."


 I have been blessed to have known Mary for a few years and I have loved getting to watch her grow and see our friendship develop. She wants to pursue a career in business management and I could see her doing anything as long as she is interacting with people. Mary is loyal, and I am thankful to know that I can always count on her. A good laugh, great conversation and a cup of coffee is our thing. She is one of a kind.


This is a part of my Admiring Our Youth Series. Click below to view the past posts:
Kerry
Leilani

No comments:

Post a Comment