Thursday, September 19, 2013

Being me


Just the thought of starting a new job back in the professional world makes me nervous,  but not about the job, I know I'll be able to catch on with training.  I'm nervous about what I'm going to wear and what others will think. After being a nanny for a year and God working on my heart, I've gotten to a healthy place of not putting value on my looks and what others think. I feel, most days, I'm confidence to be truly myself. But that has taken time and a lot of heart opening and change. I don't want to go back to where I was... That is what I fear the most. I don't want to be consumed with my appearance: clothes, makeup ect. And then thinking about what others are seeing when they look at me. Buy I have to be professional and put-together. So, what's the balance?


I'm prayerfully preparing for this change so I can embrace the new atmosphere and still be myself. I got the job without any makeup, therefore I need to remind myself that it isn't about my looks but focusing on my work ethic and building relationships with those around me.

There is a balance. I can look nice without over thinking it and still be myself. I know it will take practice to learn it.

How do you balance this? Any helpful tips?
........................................................................
This is a part of Love Yourself Linkup. Read all the other posts below and join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment